Follow the below steps to add a segment to a Workflow and schedule a date or time for the automation to begin.
Add Segment to Workflow is not an evergreen trigger. Add Segment to Workflow is a one-time event. If you choose to send immediately, only people who are currently in the segment will be added to the Workflow. If you choose to schedule for a future date, only people in the Segment at the selected date/time will be added to the Workflow. To pull people from a segment to a Workflow on an ongoing basis, use the Entered a Segment trigger, which checks the segment every 24 hours.
- If the Workflow is not already on, switch the on/off toggle ON. The Add Segment to Workflow node will appear next to Define your Trigger node once the Workflow is on.
- Build out your Workflow before adding your segment. Without any nodes in the Workflow, the segment of people will be processed and no actions will be applied to the segment.
- Click Add Segment to Workflow
- Select a saved segment from the drop-down
- Click Next
- Schedule the segment for Immediately or Schedule for future. The schedule for future time zone will appear in the same time zone as your account.
- Click Add Segment
If at any time you stop the Workflow, you will need to start it prior to the scheduled segment run time.