There are three ways to send an Email Series Campaign in Drip: bulk operations, workflows, and rules.
Send an Email Series Campaign via Bulk Operations
There are three steps to send an Email Series Campaign with a bulk operation. First, select the segment of people to send your series to. Second, select the action to Subscribe a person to an email series. Third, schedule the operation.
To send an Email Series Campaign with a bulk operation:
- Go to People > Bulk Operations
- Click + New Bulk Operations
- Under Choose a segment click Begin
- Select the people who should receive the Email Series Campaign using the People Filter. To send the series to your entire list, leave this filter blank
- Click Next
- Select the action Subscribe a person to an email series and click Next
- Send your Email Series Campaign Immediately, or At a specific time to schedule it in the future
- Click Perform Operation
- Click Done to exit the page and view the progress of the operation, or click Cancel this Operation to cancel the operation
- You have 30 seconds to cancel an operation once it’s been scheduled. After that, operations cannot be canceled or reversed.
Once the bulk operation completes, the Email Series Campaign will be scheduled to send. See how your Email Series Campaign is doing on the Campaign Dashboard.
Send an Email Series Campaign in a Workflow
- Go to Workflows > Workflows
- Name the Workflow
- Click Create Workflow
- Under the goal node, click the + icon where you want to add the action to send an Email Series Campaign
- Click Action
- Select Subscribe a person to an email series from the drop-down
- Select your series
- Click Update Action
Now, people will be subscribed to the Email Series Campaign and the first email will be sent to people according to the timing settings.
Send an Email Series Campaign in a Rule
- Go to Workflows > Rules
- Select a trigger for the Rule
- Select Subscribe a person to an email series as the action from the drop-down
- Select your series
- Click Save Rule
Be sure to Activate the rule when it’s ready.
When someone is removed from an Email Series Campaign and added again, they will start at the email they left off at. The message “People will start with the first email” only applies to new people in the Email Series Campaign. To start people in the first email, toggle the option to Restart the Email Series when this action fires.
View People in an Email Series Campaign
The list of people shows the first 25 people currently subscribed to the Email Series Campaign. The list is in ascending order by the date they were added to your account, not the date they were subscribed to the Email Series Campaign. When a person is removed or unsubscribed from an Email Series Campaign, they are removed from the list.
To see the entire list of people subscribed to an Email Series Campaign, export the list of people subscribed to this series to a CSV file:
Select Export to CSV