What is Multistep?
Multistep is a unique type of opt-in campaign that helps you collect data from your visitors in multiple steps.
In other words, unlike regular Onsite campaigns, multistep campaigns consist of multiple form steps that you can customize separately.
With multistep campaigns, you can collect more information about your new leads, without hurting your conversion rates.
Multistep is ideal for enriching lead data with more visitor information, such as gender, birthday, country, phone number, or interests, that you can use for segmentation.
Here’s a multistep campaign example from our blog:
How to Create a Multistep Campaign
1. Navigate to your Onsite channel and click "New onsite campaign".
2. Select one of the templates with the label: "Multistep":
3. Decide where on the page you want to show your campaign and continue.
4. Customize every element of your campaign freely, starting from Step 1.
5. Add or remove input fields to Step 2 as you wish, and add more steps if needed.
😌 Hint: Even if visitors leave the form without filling the second step, their email address will still be added to your list.
6. Customize the rest of your campaign (such as your Teaser and Success Step) as much or as little as you need.
7. Set up triggers,and targeting options for your campaign.
8. Set up your Field Mapping and activate your campaign. 👏