With Drip + Magento, you can capture lost sales, make product recommendations, collect product reviews, and more -- all to build better relationships, enable more sales, and grow your business.
In this article:
- Connecting Your Magento Store
- Magento Events
- Building Automation With Magento Events
- Segmenting With Magento Data
- Monitoring Your Magento Revenue From Drip
You’ll find the instructions for connecting your Magento store located inside of your Drip account.
To access these instructions:
- Click the settings icon in the top right of your Drip account.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Magento.
- Choose the version of Magento to install (v.1.5 or v.2.0).
- Complete the on-screen Integration Instructions in your account.
Once your store is connected, Magento begins sending your new customers and orders to Drip.
In the extension's settings in Magento, there are two buttons, one to sync customer history, the other to sync order history. The following points explain those functions:
- Only orders without “Fully Cancelled” and “Fully Refunded” statuses will be imported.
- If the button to sync customers is clicked, a Drip person record will be created for each Magento Customer, and a Drip tag of "Synced from Magento" will be added, as well. No automations will be triggered.
- Be sure to sync customers before syncing orders. Otherwise, orders associated with people not yet in your Drip account will fail to sync. When the button to sync orders is clicked, “Placed an Order” events will be performed for each Magento order. An "occurred_at" event property will be sent to Drip to make sure the order is placed appropriately on the associated person’s timeline. No automations will be triggered.
Below is the list of events that get sent to Drip when a customer performs a certain action on your store.
- Customer created
- Customer updated
- Customer deleted
- Customer logged in
- Created a cart
- Updated a cart
- Placed an order
- Updated an order
- Fulfilled an order
- Refunded an order
- Canceled an order
- Viewed a product
- Added item to wishlist
- Removed item from wishlist
For detailed information about the data passed with these events, check out our user guide.
Magento events can be leveraged as trigger points in workflows and rules. This allows your business to automate based on different shopping behaviors, like when someone starts a checkout, makes a purchase, adds an item to their wishlist, and more.
- From any workflow or rule, add a new trigger.
- For the first drop-down, select Magento.
- From the second drop-down, select the Magento event you’d like to trigger the automation. All of the events listed in the previous section will be available for selection.
When Magento events start flowing into Drip, you can segment your list to find people with common shopping behaviors. This allows you to target the right people for your emails.
With Drip and Magento connected, revenue will automatically be attributed to the emails your customers are engaging with. To learn how revenue is attributed in Drip, click here.