In this article:
Your email subject lines and pre-headers will be the first thing your subscribers see and read when they receive one of your emails. Let's take a look at both of these aspects of your email.
When it comes to email, the subject line is the first bit of content your subscribers will see in their inbox.
While considering your subject line, think about what you can write to catch the eye of your readers. It should describe, at a glance, the content to follow and make them further anticipate the message at hand. It's smart to keep your subject lines in scope with the main content of the email.
Most email providers such as Gmail and Yahoo have behind-the-scenes features in place to catch deceptive email subject lines. That would be any subject line that appears to be out of scope with the main body content found in the rest of the email. The better your subject line relates to your main content, the better chance you have for your emails to end up in your subscribers' inboxes.
Pre-header text appears to the right of the email subject line when viewed in the inbox. You can think of it as an extension of the point you're trying to get across in the subject line.
You can also think of the email's pre-header as a sort of sub-heading to the subject line text. Although email pre-headers are options, we encourage you to include them when relevant, as they can help set your emails apart from others in the inbox.
Everybody's use case is a little different when it comes to email marketing. Whether you require a heavily styled and image-based email design, or just a simple text solution, Drip has the tools you need to make your email messages stand out from the rest.
When you create a new Broadcast or Campaign, we'll ask you which email builder you'd like to use to create your new email:
Let's take a high-level peek at both of our email builders so you can decide which option is the best fit for your current needs.
Our point-and-click solution allows you to easily design and create beautiful looking emails with just a few clicks (learn more).
Here's an example of one of our pre-loaded email templates you can use in the Visual Builder:
So what's one of the biggest upsides to designing with this builder? There's absolutely no coding required.
Here are a few other benefits you'll discover while designing with the Visual Builder:
- Start from scratch, or select from a number of pre-designed emails.
- Point and click to add images, buttons, columns, and more.
- Create engaging visual content, without touching code.
- Each new email comes pre-loaded with a header, main content, and footer sections.
- Easily create multi-column layouts.
- Elements such as text, images, CTA buttons, and links can all be inserted with just a couple of clicks.
- Save time on design.
- Design emails using flexible, mobile-responsive layouts.
Need something a little less flashy? Our Text Builder allows you create simple, yet sleek messages which help get your point across to your readers. Plus, you can import your own custom HTML email templates right into Drip, then load them up in the Text Builder.
Here's an example of a simple email created with the Text Builder:
Here are the main benefits of creating your emails with the Text Builder:
- Create text-based emails focused on written communication.
- Import your own HTML templates (learn more).
- Single-column layout by default.
- Switch between HTML and plain text editors as you create.
- Build using our original, essentials-only experience
- Mobile-friendly by default.