Exit triggered forms allow you to delay the popup of your form widget until website visitors are about to leave your site. This type of behavior is commonly referred to as exit intent. The form appears to website visitors once their cursor has moved outside of the browser window, thus showing their intent on closing their browser tab where they are viewing your site.
Note: This setting only applies to forms with the form widget setting enabled.
To set your form widget to exit intent:
- From your Drip account, navigate to the Forms tab and locate the form you'd like to modify.
- From the drop-down, click into the form's Design settings.
- Be sure that the form widget is enabled.
- To the right of the widget enable switch, select Exit Triggered.
- Below the example form widget, locate the form's Orientation setting.
- Select the only option showing, Lightbox.
- Save your settings.
Below is an example view of how your own form settings should be set in your account. You should then notice an example version of your form widget as it will appear to website visitors who display exit intent behavior.