If you ever find yourself repeating chunks of content in more than one of your emails, it can be a time-consuming task to go back through each email when it's time to edit that content. This leads to a greater risk for error when you have to go back through each email and make changes. But when you update a content snippet, those changes are made across each email automatically.
In this article:
You should use a content snippet if you need to repeat the same bits of content in more than one email. For example, if you needed to display one of your products throughout multiple emails, a snippet will work great for something like that. Another huge benefit to using snippets is that when it's time to update your content, any changes made to the snippet will update the content in your emails automatically.
Content Snippets are compatible with the following email types:
(Campaigns and Forms)
To create a new Snippet:
- From your Drip account, click your Account Settings ( ).
- From the drop-down, click Email Setup.
- From the Email Setup section, click Content Snippets from the left sidebar.
- To create a new Content Snippet, click New Content Snippet.
- From the snippet editor, give your snippet a descriptive name. For example, if the snippet is meant to showcase a new product to be released on your online store, it should be named accordingly.
As you type the snippet's name into the field, a shortcode is automatically created for you. Be aware that if you ever rename your snippet, the shortcode will not update to reflect the new name. For this reason, try to be as descriptive as possible with your naming conventions.
- Once you've named your snippet, click Save.
To use a Content Snippet in an email:
- From your Drip account, open the broadcast, campaign or one-off email where you'd like to place a snippet.
- From the toolbar in text editor, click Personalize.
- When the Shortcode Reference pop-up appears, click the Content Snippets tab.
- Once you locate the snippet you'd like to use, click Insert.
- To make sure your snippet is formatted correctly inside the email, be sure to preview the email before sending.
- Confirmation emails
- Call-to-action buttons (affects snippets in the Visual Builder only)