In this article, you'll learn how to easily add, edit, merge, and delete tags in your account.
In this article:
Access the Tags page to see a list of the tags you currently have in your account. From this page you'll be able to perform all of the actions mentioned above on your tags.
To access the Tags page in your account:
- From your Drip account, click Subscribers in the top navigation bar.
- From the Subscribers page, click Tags.
- Once you've entered the page, you'll see all of your tags listed in alphabetical order.
You can easily add tags to your account from the Tags page. Adding tags via the Tags page does not automatically apply the new tag(s) to any subscribers in your account and does not trigger tag-based automation.
To add a new tag to your account:
- From the Tags page, click + Add Tags.
- When the Add Tags pop-up appears, enter in the tags you'd like to create. You can create multiple tags at once by clicking the tab key on your keyboard to start typing a new tag name.
- Once you've finished entering your tag(s) into the pop-up, click Add.
Easily edit the name of any tag in your account from the Tags page.
To edit a tag:
- From the Tags page, locate the tag you'd like to edit.
- In the same row as the tag and to the right, click Edit.
- When the pop-up appears, use the tag editor to edit the tag name.
The Merge feature allows you to take any two tags in your account and merge them together. The merger creates a new tag which combines the subscriber segments of the two tags merged together.
To merge two tags together:
- From the Tags page, click the drop-down to the right of the Edit button of the tag you'd like to merge with another tag. Select the Merge option.
- Once you've started the merge operation, the tag with which you initiated the merge process will be listed as Tag 1.
- Select Tag 2, the tag that you'd like to merge with Tag 1.
- You should now have the two tags you'd like to merge together listed under the Tag 1 and Tag 2 drop-downs. By merging those tags together, you're creating a brand new tag.
- Next, enter the name you'd like to give to the new tag. This can be any name you'd like. You may re-use the same name of any of the tags involved in the merge.
- To complete the tag merge, click Merge Tags. Note: Performing a tag merge does not trigger tag-based automation in workflows or rules.
Easily delete tags in your account from the Tags page. Deleting a tag removes it from any subscribers it's currently applied to.
To delete a tag from your account:
- From the Tags page, locate the tag you'd like to delete.
- In the same row as the tag, click the drop-down to the right of the Edit button and select Delete.
- Before we delete the tag, we'll alert you with a confirmation pop-up.
- To confirm and delete the tag, click I'm sure, delete this tag.